Call for Papers
Call for Demos
Early registration (closes May 16):
Late and on-site registration (after May 16):
Valid student identification has to be presented during check-in at Chapel Hill for student attendees.
These rates include:
The full registration additionally includes a ticket for the banquet that will be held on Thursday in the Old Well Ballroom of the Carolina Inn. Both students and regular attendees can purchase
one additional ticket for the banquet for $70. See the online registration webpage or the registration form for more details.
- Attendance to all oral and poster presentations
- A CD with the proceedings
- The welcome reception on Tuesday, June 13, evening.
- Breakfast and coffee breaks on all three days of 3DPVT
- The demo reception on Wednesday evening.
There are two ways to register:
- If you are paying by credit card, please visit the online registration webpage.
- If you are paying by check, please fill in this registration form and send it along with a check payable to "3DPVT 2006" to:
Department of Computer Science
Sitterson Hall, CB 3175
University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175
Attn: Christie Downing
Please do not send a registration form if you register online.
If you have any questions please e-mail Christie Downing at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 919.962.1943.
Blocks of rooms have been reserved at:
Both the CArolina Inn and Old East can be seen in this map.
All conference buildings are marked in this image.
- The Carolina Inn. To make a reservation please click on the link and enter DAT in the " Group/Convention code:" field.
- The Old East dormitory, which offers double and triple occupancy rooms. Both types come at the same cost of $51 per night, regardless of whether one. two or three persons occupy it.
All rooms are air conditioned. A kitchen, a vending machines area and two lounges are located in the building, which also has an elevator. To make a reservation please fax the following form
to the UNC Deaprtment of Housing and Residential Education (+1 919.843.0794). Make sure to state that the reservation is for 3DPVT in the "UNc-CH Summer Program/Affiliation" field. This will
direct your reservation to Old East. Acceptable forms of payment are certified checks, money orders and credit cards. You need to submit a separate credit card authorization form, if paying by credit card.
On Campus Parking
Visitor parking is available at several university parking lots. The closest lot to Carroll Hall and Sitterson Hall is the
Swain lot. It can be reached from Cameron Avenue and is just a few minutes walk from both buildings. For more information
and to make a reservation for the Swain lot see the
Visitor Lot Reservation Request page. The parking lot attendants have campus maps and can direct you to Sitterson or
If the Swain lot is full, ask the parking lot attendant to direct you to the nearest parking lot with available space.
There are also several municipal pay parking lots a few blocks away on Rosemary Street in downtown
Chapel Hill. See the parking lot map for locations.
The UNC Department of Public Safety's page provides more information about
transportation and parking on campus, special event parking, alternatives to driving, and other relevant information.