Installation Instructions for Dodgeball Game
1) Install each of the pre-requisites:
- Python 2.3 from python.org: Python language runtime
- FMOD 3.6.3 from fmod.org: sound api
- VideoCapture-0.8.zip from videocapture.sourceforge.net: python code to retreive images from webcam
- PIL-1.1.4 from pythonware.org: Image processing library
- pyFMOD-1.2 from sourceforge Python: wrappers for FMOD
- Numeric-23.1 from numpy.sourceforge.net: used by pyFMOD
- ctypes-0.6.3 from starship.python.net/crew/theller/ctypes.html: used by pyFMOD
Many of the installers (all minus Python and FMOD) are included in the file Dodgeball-Installer.zip.
Each has its own installer, except for VideoCapture-0.8 which needs to be extracted to a local folder, and then copied into the directory where Python is installed. It has directions included in its .ZIP file.
2) Copy the Dodgeball folder into the folder Python23/Lib/site-packages. This copies the source for the game into a folder where Python can find it.
3) Copy the sounds folder into Python23/
This copies the audio clips used during the game into a folder where the game can find them.
4) Copy fmod.dll from the fmod/api directory into Python23/
Play the game
5) To run the game, start python
Python 2.3.3 (#51, Dec 18 2003, 20:22:39) [MSC v.1200 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import Dodgeball