How to build a Communication Box
- RadioShack Project Case w/Membrane Switch Panel (270-0215)
- Circuit Board (ExpressPCB)
- Voice chip***
- Logic chips - NOR4001B, NAND4011B, CD74HCT157E
- Microphone jack
- speaker jack
- 9 volt battery
- velcro for attaching to wheelchair
- Download the circuit board design file: Download now
- Order circuit board
- While waiting for the board, drill holes for the speaker and microphone
jacks in the project case, and insert jacks into the holes. Fix with glue if
- Clip battery into battery compartment
- When the board arrives, plug each chip into the appropriate labeled
- Fix board into case.
- Attach the speaker and microphone jacks to the labelled sockets on the
- Attach battery leads to socket marked Power
- Plug speaker and microphone into jacks.
- Move jumper onto pin marked "R" to shift into record mode.
- To record, press the button you wish to assign and speak the command into
- Repeat with each button.
- Move jumper back to pin labelled "P"
- You are now ready to train your dog!
Attaching to wheelchair:
- Use the velcro to attach to your wheelchair in whatever way is most
convenient to you.