

Article 3016 of general:
Path: thorin!gemini!weiss
>From: [email-masked] (Steve Weiss)
Newsgroups: general
Subject: Video security system
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Feb 90 22:16:51 GMT
Sender: [email-masked]
Lines: 26

The video security system has been installed in Sitterson Hall and is 
now operating.  It was part of the original building plan, but its 
implementation was delayed.

The system consists of ten cameras scattered around the building,
primarily at exits, and three slow recording VCR's.  Most of the
cameras are pretty obvious, but there are four (two on level 0 and two
on level 1) disguised as sprinkler heads.  The tapes run for up to
three days and are recycled about every two weeks.  There is no audio
recording.

Department policy is that the tapes will be viewed only if there has
been a security problem such as a theft.

While this video system will enhance building security, it is just a
part of our overall security system.  And the most important part of
that system is our people.  Please continue to be alert to any
potential security problems; lock your valuables, and if you see
strangers in the building after hours, ask if you can help them.

Thanks

Steve Weiss