Organizing the spring picnic is part of the presidental duties.
Previous wisdom about the Annual CSSA Spring Picnic:
- Reserve location (storybook farm # in phone book) (carrboro park)) months in advance.
- Have enough food for 40 people- 25lbs hamburger, 40 hot dogs, appropriate #
chili for dogs
drinks (people should bring their own drinks)
charcoal lighter fluid
garbage bags (large)
- Take a grill (out of your own oven if nec) to put over large grate in park (at least for storybook), otherwise burgers fall into fire, a bummer.
- Take an oven mit so's you doesn't burn your hands.
- Post in advance and post reminders. post directions on department board, side dish / drink sheet on CSA board. CSSA supplies main course, others bring sides, drinks, chips, desserts.
- Make sure somebody (csa sports person) brings frisbees, football, softball, mits, bats, etc.
- Start at 3, food at 5ish (depends on season), quit at dark.
- Carrboro park has softball field but no alcohol allowed. storybook is in country, alcohol ok, no proper softball field.
- Do not, repeat, do not freeze the hamburger beforehand.
- Ask for volunteers to help with the grill if desired.
- Ask for volunteers to help with cleanup and reward with perishable leftovers, save non-perishables for next season.
- Cost for supplies for 86-87 : ~ $140-$160
- Catherine Vishnevsky May 1988: If you want to have the picnic at Storybook Farm, RESERVE EARLY!!!!! (like months in advance--fills up quickly)
|University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill
Computer Science, Sitterson Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175 USA