Setting Per-Flow Delays Using IMC'03 Data
- For a short introduction to UNC's per-flow dummynet modification,
this introduction first. Some additional information can be found
in this short howto.
- To install UNC's dummynet modification, copy the following three files
into /usr/src/sys/netinet of your FreeBSD source tree (we developed and tested
our code on FreeBSD 4.5 but it should be straightforward to get the code
to run on later versions of FreeBSD).
- Compile and install a new kernel.
- To assign delays that are sampled from IMC'03 data, execute:
sysctl -w net.inet.ip.dummynet.delay_cdf=1.
- In case you need to assign per-flow delays using a different data
set, replace the static array in dummynet-table.h with samples of the
new data set. Remember to change the size of the array too.
Created by Long Le
January 26, 2006