How Do I Setup A DiRT Development Machine To Print (enabling lpr service)
Ensure the following (in the commands below I'm using "hplj156" as the
example printer name. Replace with the printer of your choice.):
- Make sure printing is turned on
- lpd_enable in /etc/rc.conf should be "YES"
- Make sure the printer you want to add has an entry in /etc/printcap
- Make sure the directory /usr/spool/hplj156 exists.
- If /usr/spool does not exist, link /usr/spool to point to /var/spool
(which always exists) and create /usr/spool/hplj156.
- If lpd is not currently running, run "lpd" from the prompt.
author: Arun Moorthy Oct '99