I am a first year PhD student at UNC Chapel Hill, my research field lies on the intersection of computer vision and natural language processing. I am supervised by Prof. Mohit Bansal and Prof. Tamara Berg.
I earned my bachelor degree in computer science from University of Electronic Science and Technology of China(UESTC). I worked as a research assistant with Prof. Sinno Jialin Pan at Nanyang Technological University, I also spent a summer at University of Manitoba as a Mitacs Globlink Intern, working with Prof. Yang Wang.
Email: jielei [at] cs.unc.edu
- Aug 2017 » I joined UNC as a PhD student.
- Oct 2016 » Research assistant @Nanyang Technological University, working with Prof. Sinno Jialin Pan.
- Jul 2016 » Research intern @University of Manitoba, working with Prof. Yang Wang.
- Apr 2016 » Meritorious Winner (First Prize) at the 2016 Interdisciplinary Contest In Modeling.
- Jan 2016 » Received a 2016 Globalink Research Intern award from Mitacs Org. Canada.
-  Weakly Supervised Image Classification with Coarse and Fine Labels, CRV 2017. [PDF] Jie Lei, Zhenyu Guo and Yang Wang.