Department of Computer Science
344 Frederick P. Brooks, Jr. Building
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175
I am Lei Wei and I graduated with a Ph.D. from UNC in summer 2013. My advisor was Prof Michael Reiter.
I have since joined Apple Inc. and tackle security and privacy problems in iCloud.
You can still reach me at lwei[at]cs.unc.edu.
- Applied Cryptography, secure multi-party computation, especially in the cloud setting
- Authentication, access control problem in general
- Network Security
- Toward Practical Encrypted Email That Supports Private, Regular-Expression Searches, Lei Wei and Michael Reiter, in submission, 2014.
- Privacy-Preserving Regular Expression Evaluation on Encrypted Data, Lei Wei, Ph.D. Dissertation, 2013. (pdf)
- Ensuring File Authenticity in Private DFA Evaluation on Encrypted Files in the Cloud, Lei Wei and Michael Reiter, in Proceedings of 18th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS), 2013. (pdf)
- Garbled Circuits via Structured Encryption, Seny Kamara and Lei Wei, in Proceedings of Workshop on Applied Homomorphic Cryptography (WAHC '13), 2013.
- Third-Party Private DFA Evaluation on Encrypted Files in the Cloud, Lei Wei and Michael Reiter, in Proceedings of 17th European Symposium on Research in Computer Security (ESORICS), 2012. (pdf)
- Bounded Vector Signatures and their Applications, Lei Wei, Scott Coull and Michael Reiter, in Proceedings of 6th ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security, 2011. (pdf)
- Summary-Invisible Networking: Techniques and Defenses, Lei Wei, Michael Reiter and Ketan Mayer-Patel, in Proceedings of 13th Information Security Conference (ISC), 2010. (pdf)
Last Updated: 20 Feb 2011