January 9, 2002
Features of the new navigation aid
- Gyro Compass: eight primary cardinal points announced verbally and a
audible ping for every five degrees of turn.
- GPS Directional Tracking
System: audible output announcing grid location.
- Directional Range finder: Maximum effective distance should be between
twenty and fifty meters. Ideally with adjustable band with for both small and
large targets. Smallest objects being eight Centimeters in diameter by
twenty-five Centimeters in height.
- Onboard Microphone and Digital Recording System: should be able to hold up
to ninety minutes of recording time.
- Clock Calendar: Idealy tide into the recording system as a day planner
with audio output.
- Balance Compensation System: so that not every little jar and sway of the
hand causes the compass to give a new reading.
- Thermometer: with audio output.
- Cell Phone: with audio output on message board and international
- Metal Detector: audio output, limited range of one meter.
- Spectrum Analyzer: with audio output, and three hundred fifty-six color
capability. Short range of one meter or less acceptable.
- Object Recognition: using the sound waves or laser from the Distance
Finder to identify given objects stored in memory.
- Cash Scanner: something to distinguish between all this money that looks
the same. (Can you tell the difference between tens and twenties with your
- Headphone jack
- Computer Port: for downloading and uploading data.
- Barcode Scan: something to make shopping independent. Audio output would
identify products based on known barcodes.
- Talking Level