Final Program: Tetris


Prototype 18



Having verified that the forbidden cells were working properly, I now check the forbidden cells when trying to rotate. I added MouseListener functionality to force the user to give the applet keyboard focus before the game would start. I fixed pause so that you couldn't move the blocks while paused. This version is almost exactly the final version.

In the final version, I played around a little bit with the rate at which the game sped up. Previously, I decreased the delay between clock ticks by 80% after every ten lines were eliminated. I found that to be too fast. In the final version, I decrease the delay between clock ticks by 87%. After 100 lines are eliminated, the game goes about 4 times faster than the starting speed ( 0.87 ^ 10 ~ 0.25 ).