Audio View informal specs
Module Audio View
This module will display recording controls and respond by creating .wav files and accessing .wav files for playback.
The CAudioView handles the interfacing with a CWave object. The CWave object
coordinates all audio activity. Each segment has a single instance of the
CAudioView. Therefore, the CAudioView instances must coordinate with each
other the use of the shared audio device.
- Audio input, from device
- User input from GUI: Play, Record, Stop, Cancel.
- Messages from other modules: ID_HINT_CLIP_SELECTED hint from Clip View module.
- Messages to clip view: ID_HINT_CLIP_DONE hint.
- .wav file format storing audio input going to larger .vox document.
- View will be in one of several states, including playing or recording or inactive.
Exceptions, special conditions or requirements
- must deal correctly with
- attempting to start playing during a recording.
- attempting to start recording during playback.
Known Bugs (if any)