The TikTok Minutes

 

2/14/00 | 2/21/00 | 2/28/00 | 3/6/00 | 3/21/00 | 4/3/00 | 4/10/00 | 4/24/00 | 5/1/00

 

Minutes for Meeting

14 February 2000

 

 

Sarisky's proposal for project structure:

 

GROUP DECIDES TO ACCEPT THIS PROPOSAL

 

Presentations:

 

Vu presents his research on Oracle vs. Access

Oracle:

            Static vs.  dynamic?

Access:

            Smaller apps

 

Vu proposes we use Access

 

GROUP DECIDES TO USE ACCESS

 

Sarisky presents research on web toolkits

 

-Cold Fusion vs. Drumbeat

 

CF:

 

-Do-it-yourself -- Easy Fine-Tuning

 

Drumbeat:

 

-Wizard--Difficult Fine-Tuning

 

-          GROUP DECIDES TO USE COLD FUSION

 

-          Discuss User Manual

 

Proposed sections:

 

FAQ

Student section

Admin section

Troubleshooting

Installation

Quickstart

Intro

            -Should you buy our product?

System Requirements

Sitemap (contents)

 

-SECTIONS ARE ASSIGNED TO MEMBERS OF GROUP:

 

Edge:  "sections" ( meat )

Sarisky:  Installation (& System reqs.)

Whitney:  FAQ & Troubleshooting

Vu:  Instro/Quickstart

 

 

-SCHEDULE SECTIONS ARE ASSIGNED TO MEMBERS OF GROUP:

Edge - Pert

Whitney - Gantt

Vu -  WBS

 

BY NEXT WEEK:

 

Sarisky and Whitney will research security

All will produce drafts of assigned sections of user manual

 

NEXT MEETING:  Monday, 21 Feb 2000  5:00pm

 

Minutes for Meeting

21 February 2000

 

 

 

Present:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, and Whitney

 

·         Sarisky presented info on security:

 

·         Sarisky and Edge decided to meet with client (Duggan) at 9:00AM Tuesday (22 Feb)

§         will discuss the proposed project structure

 

** Tasks for this week:

           

·         Finish converting schedule components to MS Project & email to Vu for web

·         Learn software (according to Gantt chart)

·         Revise fellow members’ User Manual sections and present after class on Thursday 24 Feb

 

** For next Monday meeting:

 

·         Presentations on what was learned about software

§         Sarisky and Whitney – Cold Fusion

§         Edge and Vu – Access

 

***       Next meeting:  After class on Thursday, 24 Feb 2000  (5-10 min)

***       Next FULL meeting:  Monday 28 Feb 2000

 

 

Minutes for Meeting

28 February 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

 

·                     Edge presented preliminary GUI web forms (www.unc.edu/~edgedog/forms/)

 

·                     Cold Fusion UPDATE:

 

·                     Sarisky acquired a login and subdirectory on ATN Cold Fusion server

 

·                     Showed a sample Cold Fusion-rich HTML file

 

·                     Group wrote out CRC cards

 

·                     FOR NEXT WEEK:

 

·                     Sarisky and Whitney will further learn Cold Fusion and begin to design backend

 

·                     Continue designing GUI (Edge and Whitney)

 

·                     ALL:  EMAIL EDGE SECTIONS OF USER MANUAL FOR FINAL FIRST DRAFT

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  6 March 2000 5:00pm Sitterson Hall

 

 

Minutes for Meeting

6 March 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

 

·                     Developed mid-term presentation

·                     MS Powerpoint Presentation

·                     Edge & Vu are presenters

Presentation took ~9 min. w/ stops

·                     FOR NEXT WEEK:

 

·                     Sarisky and Whitney will further learn Cold Fusion and begin to design backend

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  21 March 2000 after class  (no meeting 3/13/2000 because of spring break)

 

Minutes for Meeting

21 March 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

 

·                     Discussed Access database backend structure

 

·                     FOR NEXT WEEK:

 

·                     Vu (and Edge) will develop two basic databases for data entry via Cold Fusion pages, one for testing and one for production.

 

·                     Sarisky and Whitney will further learn Cold Fusion and begin to construct backend

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  27 March 2000  5:00pm Sitterson Hall

 

 

 

Minutes for Meeting

3 April 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

 

·                     Sarisky went over some work he did this weekend with Cold Fusion implementation

 

·                     Vu presented information on DB structure

 

·                     Format of time in schedule field

 

·                     Format of job field

 

·                     Discussed Implementation manual

 

·                     Designated sections to team members:

 

·                     Class Diagram – Whitney

 

·                     Entity Relationship – Vu

 

·                     Test – Edge

 

·                     State Transition Model – Whitney

 

·                     General Overview of Architecture – Sarisky

 

·                     File Level View – Sarisky

 

·                     Members will email to Edge by 6:00pm Sunday

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  Monday, April 10, 2000  5:00pm Sitterson Hall

 

 

 

Minutes for Meeting

10 April 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

 

·                     Group discussed known bugs in current implementation of TikTok with Tech. Director Sarisky

 

·                     Sarisky reported that every function should be working except for scheduling feature, logging ability, and the actual time-keeping, and gave general overview of Cold Fusion backend implementation

 

·                     Edge presented draft of implementation manual including all sections submitted by group members

 

·                     Group suggested minor changes

 

·                     FOR NEXT WEEK:  All group members should continue looking for bugs in current TikTok implementation

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  Wednesday, April 12, 2000  6:00pm (with Boss Stotts)

 

·                     NEXT WEEKLY MEETING:  Monday, April 17, 2000  5:00pm  Sitterson Hall

 

 

Minutes for Meeting

24 April 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

MEETING DURATION:  1 hr 45 min

 

·                     Sarisky went over added functionality to TikTok

 

·                     Edge and Whitney reported that testing reports will be done by Tuesday (4/25)

 

·                     Group discussed/planned final presentation (Sarisky and Whitney will do majority of presentation)

 

·                     Practiced presentation to “perfection” (Sarisky & Whitney)

 

·                     FOR NEXT WEEK:

 

·                     Group will update Manual (User & Tech) sections & email to Edge by Sunday(4/30)  for proofreading/formatting/revisions

 

·                     GROUP PRESENTATION ON THURSDAY (4/26)???

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  1 May 2000, 5pm Sitterson

 

Will discuss final reports, etc.

 

Minutes for FINAL Meeting

1 May 2000

 

 

PRESENT:  Edge, Sarisky, Vu, Whitney

MEETING DURATION:  1 hr 40 min

 

·                     Group discussed final User manual and Implementation manual changes

·                     Each member will send final updated sections to listserv

 

·                     Group discussed and composed the group final report.

 

·                     NEXT MEETING:  NEVER