In order to compile and use Libgist, we have the minimum requirements for you:
If you meet the above requirements, you are ready to install our LibGist as follows:
- A SGI workstation running IRIX 6.5 or above
- SGI's parallel C compiler
- Download the libgist-1.0.tar.gz from our website at: http://www.cs.unc.edu/~stotts/COMP145/homes/gist/Download.html.
- Unzip the libgist-1.0.tar.gz using the Unix command gunzip. Now you will get the tar file libgist-1.0.tar under your current directory. Then untar the libgist-1.0.tar using the Unix command tar xvf. This will creat a subdirectory libgist within your current directory. The libgist directory will contain all the source code for building up the library libgist.a.
- Type "gmake" under the libgist directory and it will produce the library libgist.a within the same directory.
- In order to use our library libgist.a you have to change your makefile according to the usage of the linker you are using.
Last modified: Sun May 2 13:51:42 EDT 1999