Report for Week ending 2/21
At the February 16 team meeting, we set the following goals for the week:
We developed guidelines for code
and decided to use Visual C++ 5.0 for all coding since the 6.0 version
is not readily available.
Finish designing the scheduling algorithm
GUI Design goals
Design New Camp wizard
Start coding GUI in VC++
Put up a picture of Swish (mascot)
Code all *.h files for the classes
Code all *.cpp file skeletons
Joel and Scott got together on Wednesday and we figured out pseudocode for
scheduling all the teams in the Dean Dome. They then went through an
example looking for logical flaws. They also thought extensively on the
different data structures that will be used to store and manipulate data.
Linked lists will probably be used extensively.
GUI Design Goals
NewCamp wizard has been designed
We worked through the GUI coding in VC. Carla found a very helpful
Visual C++ book; the coding might take longer than expected, but it seems
Carla, Brandon and Sara worked through the design of the Menu at the
February 17 interface meeting.
Swish has been created, but has not been added to the web site because
of the web site difficulties explained below.
Coding of the header files was completed, but were lost (described below).
The files will have to be recreated in the Visual C++ context so that they
will be fully integrated with the rest of the package. The skeleton
implementation files were not completed.
Problems encountered this week:
Sometime between Wednesday evening and Friday morning, all HOOPS files
were deleted, including the entire web site and several of the preliminary
header and skeleton files. Most of the web site should be retreivable
from system backups and other copies. If the system backups are not
available, the web sites could be recreated from the copies on the webmaster's
We ran into some problems this weekend when attempting to code the graphical
interface in Visual C++. The VC interface is not very intuitive,
but after acquiring better help resources, we figured out the first tasks
in coding the interface. We also learned that our approach to the
coding so far may have to be adjusted to take advantage of the functionality
available using Visual C++. We will begin to really work through
the details of Visual C++ this week.
So far, we seem to be on schedule. Our goal for the midterm demo
is to have the interface coded and presentable. We would like to
have part of the scheduler, but that may not be possible. We have
decided to push back the Constraint Checker and Report Generator coding
until after the scheduler is coded, at least partially.
Email the producer (Sara Bidgood)