This week, we have continued to code and code and code. Here is an update of our progress from this week.
Interface: This week, we refined the GUI. We added new interface screens as a result of the meeting with our client on Monday morning. The GUI is pratically complete. The one screen that is not finished is the Schedule Viewer -- the design is finished, but the coding will require the creation of several new classes in addition to the regular interface objects. In addition to our work refining the GUI, Carla figured out how to implement Drag & Drop capabilities within the interface screens, and it seems to be working perfectly.
Algorithm: Scott and Joel would be willing to bet money (but not too much) that their algorithm will schedule games correctly in Carmichael and the Dean Dome. These buildings are the most complicated and are the most restricted. The algorithm has been tested manually, but not with any kind of actual input.
Documentation: We are still doing preliminary work on the Implementation Manual. This manual will be a collaboration between all of the team members. Each person will write the section relating to the section of the project for which he or she is responsible.
Design: We did a small amount of design on the GUI, but for the most part, the design is still focused on the tools associated with the scheduler. Brandon is continuing to work on the Error Report and the Constraint Checker
The remainder of our project will consist of making the GUI actually work, integrating the algorithm with the GUI, and adding the finishing touches (printed output, tools, etc.). There is also the large amount of documentation left to be done, which will take up a large amount of time as well. Even though we have a lot to do, we still think we can accomplish our requirements as they stand now.
Email the producer (Sara Bidgood)