Report for Week ending 4/4
This Week's Accomplishments
We're still coding and coding, along with documenting as well. Here is
an update of our progress from this week.
Designed the Master Schedule View.
Made detailed outline of technical manual; wrote parts of the manual.
Continued design and coding of tools.
Interface: This week, we designed the Master Schedule view,
which is the most complicated of the interface screens. Our client
wanted this screen to be drag & drop enabled, but that did not turn
out to be possible (massive amounts of programming time, or a very expensive
Visual C++ additional toolkit). Carla found another third-party tool
that would work well in the schedule view; under the new schedule design,
the user will be able to modify the schedule using pull-down boxes rather
than by dragging and dropping text items. Hopefully our client will
like this compromise.
We're still scared about how we are going to get everything done.
There are a lot of little details that we have to pull together to get
everything working properly (and some big things we have to work through,
as well). As for problems that we are running into, we still get
caught up in Visual C++ coding (radio buttons are the worst); object serialization
is going to be a big headache this week. There is also the issue
of how to exchange data between the interface and the algorithm.
We noticed that there are some discrepancies that we need to work out.
Besides all of those things, we're set and will be done on time.
Algorithm: Carla, Brandon and Sara gave feedback on the algorithm
code. Joel and Scott continued on with the algorithm coding.
Documentation: We made a good start on the technical manual.
We have a good framework from which to start, and we know who is doing
what in each section.
Email the producer (Sara Bidgood)