Report for Week ending 4/11
This Week's Accomplishments
Coded a lot this week. Here is an update of our progress from this week.
Coded the majority of the Constraint Checker
Wrote classes to facilitate passing information from the Interface to the
Recoded many of the interface functions in a more object-oriented manner.
All the buttons on the Teams page of the NewCamp wizard work.
Added more algorithm functionality.
Interface: We started making the interface actually work this
week. We ran into lots of bugs in the third-party control we found
on the codeguru site. There were several version incompatibility
problems, coding bugs and strange implementations that had to be worked
through. We have to email a solution to one of the bugs we found
to the person maintaining the code. for the GridControl we are using.
Making the buttons work took much longer than we thought; as we go along,
we are trying to reuse a lot of code through adding functionality to the
main grid class instead of all of the individual interface classes that
use the grid. Serialization is also coming along, but nothing is
working yet -- Carla is working on some new classes that will make it
easier to implement the Default Settings. The new classes will also
facilitate the information exchange the Interface to the Algorithm,
especially for the Courts, Sessions and TimeSlots screens.
To sum everything up -- we are still scared about how to get everything
done on time. We will probably meet with our client again next week
to show him how the interface has shaped up and what the scheduling
algorithm actually does. He is pleased with our progress so far, and
he seemed to like the redesigned schedule interface that was decided on
Algorithm: It's coming. No specific updates right now.
We haven't tested the scheduling algorithm yet -- hopefully that will coming
Tools: Brandon is coming along pretty well. Just a few
more functions to add, and the constraint checker should be done.
Documentation: The technical manual is basically done.
A few updates will have to be made when we finish tweaking the algorithm
code, and a couple more diagrams might be added -- but for the most part,
the technical manual is complete. The User Manual, however, needs
to be revamped to reflect the changes we have made in the interface design
as well as a few of the requirements.
Email the producer (Sara Bidgood)