This week, we finished the bulk of the interface coding -- the majority of the controls do what they are supposed to do when their are clicked or otherwise manipulated; the data validation checks are also in place.
Algorithm: This was a very frustrating week for our algorithm. On Friday, we began actually testing the algorithm using a dummy camp application. On thing we learned -- it's really not a good idea to write pages and pages of code without any further testing that making the code compile.
The entire team worked over the weekend to debug the different functions of the algorithm and base classes. One of the most problematic parts of the base classes were the functions that searched for items in lists -- in almost every "search" function, the boundary cases were not accounted for.
Hopefully we will be able to schedule a camp by the demo.
Tools: The tools are now a part of the algorithm, in that all of the error report code really needs to be in the base classes and interact with the scheduling process.
Documentation: Not much documentation this week. We're planning to finish it up after the demo on Tuesday.
We scheduled a meeting with our client, Carl Hatchell, for Tuesday, April 27. He wants to have a chance to look over the interface and make sure that the scheduling algorithm works as he needs it to.
Of course, we are really getting scared about finishing this thing, but hopefully we'll get it done, and done well.