If the Files Were Downloaded:
- After downloading the .gz file, place it within the UNIX directory in which you wish to install Smart Search.
- At the command line within that directory, type:
gzip -dc SmartSearch.tar.gz | tar xvf -
- Simply access the URL, through your web browser. corresponding to the directory in which you just installed Smart Search
If the Files Were Recieved on Disk:
- Create a directory on your web server for the Smart Search product to be installed.
- Open the Installation disk and copy the contents to the folder you just created. (FTP is suggested)
- Make sure that your CGI server is running and the all the files with the .cgi extension are executable.
- Ensure that the permissions are correct for the directory you just installed to.
- The database does not transfer pre-installed. therefore, the administration program must be ran to initialize the database. Choose option 'A' to enter items. See the user Manual for further information.
- To use Smart Search, simply type in the URL into your browser that refers to the directory in which you just placed the product.