Meeting: Tuesday, February 22, 2000
I. Revising of Contract. We tried to meet with Anselmo earlier
in the week but were stood up, so Chris M. sent him some email. Anselmo's
comments on the current contract were discussed:
- The Segment View should not allow editing of the script,
but should allow re-sizing of the text to make it more easily visible.
- In order to accomodate Adobe Premiere, we should revise the
directory structure of the saved .wav files. The directory should be
flat, rather than having a tree structure as previously thought. This
affects the naming conventions used for segments. (see next)
- Names of segments should be
[segment#]_[take#]_[beginning of seg. text]
EXAMPLE: If I have just recorded segment 2 for the third time, the
latest saved sound clip will be called 2_3_Youseedirectly...
- Segment tabs should change color to indicate which segments
have been recorded at least once, and which segments have no recordings.
- Accelerators: Anselmo and Mary (Whitton, target user)
suggested that keyboard accelerators be included for the functions
"cancel recording," and "finish recording and save."
- The pop-up window for re-recording before saving was
eliminated from the project.
II. Task List for the Upcoming Week.
- User Manual- The outline for the user manual has been assigned.
Goal is to have finished sections by Saturday's meeting so that revision
may be done by Thursday, Mar 2.
- Audio View- Change "pause" to "cancel"
Accelerators- need to be added for basic record functions.
- Clip View-
- Seg View- Add icons to tabs (rather than change color).
- App View- edit-> options-> set up a user options menu that will
store user prefs in the registry. Note: established that all default
settings will go in the registry.
Agenda for Saturday, Feb 26: Discuss User Man.
Agenda for Tuesday, Feb 26: TBA