The purpose of the TikTok project is to provide a web-based time clock for the student-employees of the UNC Computer Science Department. The format consists of a simple web form that lists the student employee's name, in/out status and a field where they can enter their current location. It will utilize ODBC technology as a standard so that future implementations are compatible.
In addition to these features, this package may include authentication by querying users’ NT or UNIX passwords over an encrypted connection, and ideally, users will be able to modify their own data but not other users’.
The party of Eric Edge, Dan Sarisky, Joseph Vu, and J. Eric Whitney shall hereafter be collectively referred to as the "contractor." The contractor hereby agrees to design a system and provide the client with functional software that meets the specifications defined below under the heading "Primary Requirements." The contractor further agrees that this software, hereafter referred to as the "project", shall be delivered to the client no later than 12 NOON, Monday, May 1, 2000, the "due date."
In addition to the project the contractor agrees to provide the client with adequate documentation. The documentation will be in hardcopy and on-line.
The contractor further agrees that if the project is delivered before the due date stated above, the contractor shall develop additional software that meets the specifications defined under the heading "Secondary Requirements" below. This additional software shall also be delivered to the client no later than the due date.
1) The project must function in Unix, Windows, and Macintosh operating systems and under the latest versions of Netscape and MS Explorer.
2) Web based administration in which administrators can add/delete user names and override data entries.
3) Implement a notification feature in which the failure of a student to check in or out will generate an email to the group of administrators.
4) Use of NT/Unix passwords and an encrypted connection for authentication purposes.
1) Implement a logging ability in which the user, the machine they used, and any changes made by that user in the system are logged.
2) Generate professionally formatted html logs upon request reflecting the above logging ability requirements.
The party of Laura Duggan and Bil Hays shall hereafter be referred to as the "client." The client agrees to provide the contractor with reasonable access to hardware, software, and services defined below under the heading "Resources."
1) To provide access to passwords and encrypted connection if this specific means of authentication is to be used.
2) Access to space on HTTP server.
3) Microsoft Access and Coldfusion.
May not be able to get at NT/UNIX passwords
May not be able to do an encrypted connection.
May not have enough money to buy a software package which would require a scaled down version using CGI/Java.
Eric Edge: ____________________________
Dan Sarisky: ____________________________
Joseph Vu: ____________________________
J. Eric Whitney: ____________________________
Laura Duggan: ____________________________
Bil Hays: ____________________________
David Stotts: ____________________________