9. Future Improvement
More flexibility in meeting scheduler, reduce manual work. For example, automatically schedule weekly(monthly) event, instead that a user have to schedule the meeting every week(month).
- Email reminding right before the meeting start time. Right now, our system only send email notification right after meeting proposal success. We will add email reminding before meeting message to the system, if the user wants to.
- Better looking graphical user interface on the client side. Especially, better format in the popup window.
- Event detail viewer. In personal event manager, when double-click the a event from the event list window, pop up a window about the details of the meeting.(name, all participants, room, equipment, memo., etc.)
- Scheduling privilege management. Right now, any user's "available" time can be reserved by any other user of the system. We need some priviledge management routine so that a user can "permit" only certain users to reserving his time slots.
- Server side Graphical User Interface. GUI used for add/delete users, manage database more easily rather than directly edit MS Access.
- Installation program. Right now, our system need some setup effort to set the classpath, choose database name for JDBC/ODBC connectivity. We will develop a installation program, run-and-do-it-all, to perform setup automatically on the server side.
- Intelligent conflict resolution. We will keep on improving it to let the system make "smarter" decisions and suggestions.
- Compatibility with Netscape Browser.
- Client side register as new user.
- We only tested the product with limited number of users, we would like to develop some methodlogy to test the system with large number of users, use it the same time.