Version 1.8 (6 January, 2019)
Version 1.7 (14 October, 2017)
- Updated for macOS 10.13 (High Sierra)
Version 1.6.4 (27 March, 2017)
- Updated for macOS 10.12.4 (Sierra)
Version 1.6.3 (13 December, 2016)
- Updated for macOS 10.12.2 (Sierra)
Version 1.6.2 (24 October, 2016)
- Updated for macOS 10.12.1 (Sierra)
Version 1.6.1 (26 September, 2016)
Version 1.6 (27 March, 2016)
- FIXED: preferences file (net.welchwold.mailrecent.plist) should now be accessed properly, which should again allow customization of the number of recent mailboxes, sort order, etc.
Version 1.5.6 (22 March, 2016)
Version 1.5.5 (9 December, 2015)
Version 1.5.4 (22 October, 2015)
Version 1.5.3 (3 October, 2015)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)
Version 1.5.2 (27 January, 2015)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.10.2
Version 1.5.1 (17 November, 2014)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.10.1 (Yosemite)
Version 1.5 (24 October, 2014)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
Version 1.4.5 (30 June, 2014)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.9.4
- Fixed (I hope) an issue where duplicate mailbox names were not properly extended some times.
- Added Polish localization (thanks to P. Rutkowski).
- Added Finnish localization (thanks to Ikemitsu).
Version 1.4.4 (16 May, 2014)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.9.3
- New: newly created mailboxes are immediately added to the recent mailbox list
Version 1.4.3 (26 February, 2014)
- Updated for Mavericks 10.9.2
Version 1.4.2 (16 December, 2013)
- Updated for Mavericks 10.9.1
Version 1.4.1 (7 November, 2013)
Version 1.4 (21 October, 2013)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.9/Mavericks
Version 1.3.9 (26 August, 2013)
- Updated for latest version of Mac OS X 10.8 and Mail application.
Version 1.3.8 (7 June, 2013)
- FIXED: Fixed an issue where the preferences file was allowed to exist with 0 for the number of recent mailboxes.
Version 1.3.7 (5 June, 2013)
- Updated for latest version of Mac OS X 10.8 and Mail application.
- FIXED: Found and fixed a long-standing bug that would cause the list of recent mailboxes to be lost under certain conditions.
Version 1.3.5 (11 August, 2012)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.8.
- FIXED: Updated handling of tear-down/recreation of recent mailboxes menu. Should reduce frequency of lost lists for some.
Version 1.3.4 (5 February, 2011)
- CHANGED: Updated handling of tear-down/recreation of recent mailboxes menu. Should reduce frequency of lost lists for some.
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.7.3.
Version 1.3.3 (13 October, 2011)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.7.2.
Version 1.3.2 (01 October, 2011)
- Eliminated unnecessary mail server quota requests that could have been causing adverse issues (e.g., leading to a Google mail lockout).
- Small performance optimizations.
Version 1.3.1 (01 August, 2011)
- Fixed an internationalization bug that prevented the menus from loading properly with non-English language settings. (This version is still ONLY compatible with 10.7.)
Version 1.3 (11 July, 2011)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.7. This version is ONLY compatible with 10.7.
Version 1.2.4 (22 March, 2011)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.6.7 and early 2011 (Thuderbolt) MacBook Pro
Version 1.2.3 (10 November, 2010)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.6.5
- FIXED: Clear Menu should be working again
- FIXED: Extended mailbox names should work now when there are multiple sets of duplicates in the list
Version 1.2.2 (15 June, 2010)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.6.4
- FIXED: Added test for Mac OS X 10.6 or greater
- FIXED: Added NULL pointer checks for apparent rare menu update issue
Version 1.2.1 (09 November, 2009)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.6.2 and Mail 4.2.
- Added Dutch localization. (Thanks to Ruud Kalberg!)
Version 1.2 (22 October, 2009)
- Updated for Mac OS X 10.6.1 (Snow Leopard) and Mail 4.1.
Version 1.1 (20 November, 2007)
- NEW: OS X 10.5/Leopard compatibility. Note that this version will only run on Leopard. (A 10.4/Tiger version is available on the plugin web page.)
- CHANGED: Changed the menu sorting to use a case-insensitive comparison, to match the Max OS X and Mail sorting. (Thanks to Mark Foster for pointing this out.)
- NEW: Added an uninstaller to the distribution package.
Version 1.0.4 (23 June, 2007)
- FIXED: extended characters (e.g., ä, ö, ü) should now appear correctly in "recent" mailbox menus. (Thanks to Detlef Winkler for finding this bug.)
- NEW: The installer now warns the user if the Mail bundle compatibility is already set to 1 (old style). It also now lists all currently installed plugins at the end of the installation.
- NEW: The installer has been localized in German and French. (Thank you to Jan-Michael Frahm and Maurice Scharf for the translations.)
- NEW: Added Italian localization. (Thanks to Paolo Boni.)
Version 1.0.3 (11 February, 2007)
- NEW: Moves or copies using a MailRecent menu now update the "Move to ... Again" (or "Copy to ... Again") menu items in the Message menu and corresponding contextual menu. This means that the last "recent" move or copy can be repeated via that menu item or the built-in Mail keyboard shortcut Option-Command-T ( T ). Thanks to Yigal Arens for suggesting this. NOTE: there is a bug in Mail's updating of this menu item, and MailRecent "enjoys" this same bug. See the description of Mail's "Move Again" menu bug here.
Version 1.0.2 (07 February, 2007)
- Hovering over a mailbox name in any of the recent mailbox menus now displays the full path to the mailbox as a tool tip.
- The plugin version and a list of all currently installed plugins is now printed in the Console log when Mail is launched.
- The installer now warns the user if (a) their OS X version is too old, or (b) the Mail bundle compatibility is already set to 1 (old style). It also now lists all currently installed plugins at the end of the installation.
Version 1.0.1 (31 January, 2007)
- Fixed a bug where normal copys and moves did not function properly if the "Number of Recent Items" setting for Documents in the Appearance panel of the OS X System Preferences was set to 0. However, note that this setting controls the maximum number of items in the MailRecent lists, and so having it set to 0 while trying to use the MailRecent plugin does not make sense. It needs to be set to either 5, 10, 15,, 20, 30, or 50 for the plugin to have the desired behavior. Added a warning (a non-modal dialog box) if the "Number of Recent Items" setting for Documents in the Appearance panel of the OS X System Preferences is set to 0. Thanks to Detlef Winkler for finding this bug.
- Fixed a bug in the logic that was supposed to extend duplicate mailbox names. Thanks to Tim Gaden (Hawk Wings) for finding this.
Version 1.0 (27 January, 2007)
Version 1.0b10 (16 January, 2007)
- Changed to using NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains to find preferences file.
- Changed to default to including "special" mailboxes (Inbox, Junk, Trash, Sent, ...). Can change to exclude special mailboxes by issuing "defaults write net.welchwold.mailrecent ExcludeSpecialMailboxes -bool YES" from command line.
Version 1.0b9 (11 January, 2007)
- Now defaults to excluding "special" mailboxes (Inbox, Junk, Trash, Sent, ...). Can change to allow special mailboxes by issuing "defaults write net.welchwold.mailrecent ExcludeSpecialMailboxes -bool NO" from command line.
Version 1.0b8 (10 January, 2007)
- Added support for mailbox icons in the menus. [11 January, 2007 note: with the 1.0b9 change added above, the icons will only be the boring mailbox folders. If you change the ExcludeSpecialMailboxes preference to YES you will see nice Inbox, Trash, etc. mailbox icons if you use those mailboxes.]
Version 1.0b7 (08 January, 2007)
- MailRecent preferences are no longer stored in Mail's preferences. The are now stored in a separate plugin preference file in th euser's space, ~/Library/Preferences/net.welchwold.mailrecent.plist NOTE: this means the users of previous betas will experience a one-time clearing of any recent mailbox entries. In effect, it will seem as if you chose "Clear Menu". After that one-time clearing it will build up as usual as you use mailboxes.
- Changed the default MailRecent behavior to sort the recent mailboxes alphabetically, the same as OS X does for recent documents.
- Added a command-line option to change the default sorting behavior to sort by time of access (most recent at the top), or sort by frequency of access (most frequent at the top).
- Added French and German localizations.
- Added a "Go to Recent" submenu under the Mailboxes menu, to allow you to switch to a recently used mailbox.
- Recently used mailboxes that are used again (dragged to, or used from a "Recent" menu) now move to the top of the list.
- The extended menu item naming algorithm (for mailboxes with the same name) has been updated to handle muliple accounts better.
- Renaming or moving a mailbox now updates the menus also (updated with new name).
- Deleting a mailbox now removes the mailbox from the menus.
- Initial release, BETA (test) version.
Last updated Sun, Jan 6, 2019