- Group 10 Meeting 2
- Jan 23rd, 2001
- Sitterson conference room/ Lobby
- All members present
- Changed weekly meeting time to Monday at 3pm
- Sean updated Sam on the project (what it's supposed to do) since he couldn't make the first meeting. We're all up to speed now.
- How do we want to implement this project?
- This project is not web based so we can't use ASP as originally planned. We're going to use C++ because everyone in the group knows this language
- How do we plan to get the data from the user's computer to the web?
- 1.ftp (dos)
- 2.email it
- 3.store it on the network *(This is our first choice)
- Jason mentioned winfiles.com - a good site for freeware which might help out with our project.
- What order do we want to program this?
- 1.Program GUI for graphics and text
- 2.Program GUI for music
- 3.Program music conversion
Preliminary Report - See actual report for details
- Critical Features
- Dream Features
- Interface Ideas and Thoughts
- Package Options
- Critical Path
- Show Stoppers
- Things to Learn
- Things to Get
- Things to Understand
- Ask Dick:
- Where can we save the files? Is there public space on the server?
- What is the prefered naming convension?
- Input vs. Output - What do we get and what do we produce?
- .doc, .txt, or .html
- .wav files for input AND output?
- What music formats should we support?