- Meeting with Group
- Jan 30th, 2001
- Sitterson Conference Room
- All members present
- Action Items
- Final features have been decided on. They will be written in contract.
- What are the legal rights with freeware? This is something we need to look into. There should be a license agreement with every piece of freeware. We just need to choose what we're going to use first.
- VB: obtain VB developer tools.
- Write up a schedule for next Tuesday
- Write up a contract for next Tuesday
- The only new items are to begin designing and programming.
- Network: We talked about how we're going to save things on the network
- Save into "//FLRC/files/language/orig/filename"
- Virtual Private Networks: Jason wanted to look into these
- Naming Convension: Allow user to input a lesson name and keep convension from original project with lesson name as a prefix. All of these files will go into a folder called "orig".
- Graphics: How are we going to do them?
- Use powerpoint or a photo editor for contract diagrams
- Next/Back/Save buttons
- X will cancel, no cancel button in place. We think this would confuse the users.
- "We are not responsible for stupidity" While this seems like a harsh quote, it sums up the reason we're not implementing certain features. In order to accomodate for *ALL* of what users could do wrong, it would take us much more than a semester. We will assume the user follows directions written on the screen.
- We will save their files under their LoginID most likely. This information is retrieved at the begining of our program.
- There will be an instructions page which asks for the information listed on page 7 of the specs Dick originally gave us.
***NOTE: These minutes are rather short because we met with Dick yesterday to answer most of the questions we had (see minutes from 1.29.01). Most of the discussion today was about the GUI we will be implementing so we can write up our contract successfully. A rough diagram will be linked to this page (last item of minutes) to view. -ADMIN