Meeting Minutes
B a c k 
  • Meeting with Group
  • Feb. 6th, 2001
  • 3:45pm-5:15pm
  • Sitterson Lobby
  • All members but Sam (out of the country) present
  • Group discussed when we should count our hours
    • Karen decided we would count them from the begining of last week's meeting to the begining of this week's meeting.
    • This includes last week's meeting but not this week's
    • Took a few minutes to get hours up to date.
  • Karen asked that I change the format of my minutes to not include action items. They have been changed.
  • Where is everyone with VB?
    • Karen
      • Has started working on the GUI.
      • "We need a standardized screen that everyone can use."
      • Everyone took a look at Karen's GUI as an example
    • Sean
      • Trying to work on Audio Extraction
      • 1.We need to buy legal libraries ~$200
      • 2.We need to see if the company will let us buy the code
      • 3.Will the department or FLRC buy the library? - Sean will email Dick
      • Karen wanted to know why we needed this library and not just a free library
        • Sean says this is exactly what we want
        • They don't make free libraries of what we need
      • Do we need to adjust the schedule to allow for more time? No, we will wait and see how things go first.
    • Brianne
      • Has worked on some "mini-programs"
      • Knows how to do browsing, movement, and timing features
  • VPN - Virtual Private Network
    • This part shouldn't be coded any differently.
    • The only new feature we need to program is that if the connection with the network is down, pop up a window that tells them to connect.
    • We're still in a learning phase here
  • Testing:
    • Audio Extraction
      • Testing will be done during implementation.
      • Should we do white box or black box testing? Black Box
      • We need to talk about how we'll deal with invalid types
  • At our next meeting with Dick we need to show him a visual to see if he likes it
    • This way we'll know if we're on the right track.
    • Get prefered folder names from Dick.
    • Get template from Dick - Karen will email him.
  • Variable convesions:
    • First word lower case
    • Every other word upper case
    • No underscores if at all possible
  • Group took a few minutes to look at Winzip wizard to get some ideas.
B a c k