- Meeting with Group
- Feb. 6th, 2001
- Sitterson Lobby
- All members but Sam (out of the country) present
- Group discussed when we should count our hours
- Karen decided we would count them from the begining of last week's meeting to the begining of this week's meeting.
- This includes last week's meeting but not this week's
- Took a few minutes to get hours up to date.
- Karen asked that I change the format of my minutes to not include action items. They have been changed.
- Where is everyone with VB?
- Has started working on the GUI.
- "We need a standardized screen that everyone can use."
- Everyone took a look at Karen's GUI as an example
- Trying to work on Audio Extraction
- 1.We need to buy legal libraries ~$200
- 2.We need to see if the company will let us buy the code
- 3.Will the department or FLRC buy the library? - Sean will email Dick
- Karen wanted to know why we needed this library and not just a free library
- Sean says this is exactly what we want
- They don't make free libraries of what we need
- Do we need to adjust the schedule to allow for more time? No, we will wait and see how things go first.
- Has worked on some "mini-programs"
- Knows how to do browsing, movement, and timing features
- VPN - Virtual Private Network
- This part shouldn't be coded any differently.
- The only new feature we need to program is that if the connection with the network is down, pop up a window that tells them to connect.
- We're still in a learning phase here
- Audio Extraction
- Testing will be done during implementation.
- Should we do white box or black box testing? Black Box
- We need to talk about how we'll deal with invalid types
- At our next meeting with Dick we need to show him a visual to see if he likes it
- This way we'll know if we're on the right track.
- Get prefered folder names from Dick.
- Get template from Dick - Karen will email him.
- Variable convesions:
- First word lower case
- Every other word upper case
- No underscores if at all possible
- Group took a few minutes to look at Winzip wizard to get some ideas.