- Week 7
- Feb. 13th, 2001 through Feb. 20th, 2001
- Action items
- Online tutorials -- We are all aware of their existence.
- Design Specification has been completed.
- We are still deciding on an overall asthetic design for all of our forms.
A design will be made promptly as an editable template.
- Sean is still working on writing his own audio extractor.
We still are waiting to know if FLRC will fund the procurement of an audio
extraction library from the Internet.
- User Manual outline due Feb 27.
- Development starts this week.
- We need to procure the Word template from Dick.
- We need to determine the final decision on the organization of the remote folders.
- Do we need the archive folder. Will we ever use this folder? What is its purpose?
- We have decided that all files creted throughout the execution of our application will be stored in
the WIP (Work in Progress) folder. If they complete all of the steps in the application, then the
files will be moved to the Finished or Inbox folder, and the original files in the WIP folder will
- We have decided that the copy feature of the user being able to copy an existing lesson for re-work is
frivolous and will not be accommodated for unless there is adequate time.
- Outstanding problems
- Sam is currently out of the country. He is scheduled to be developing this week. Jason will work alone on
this section for the week and the team will support him if necessary until Sam returns.
- Procurement of funding for the audio extraction library.
- Procurement of the Word template.
- Plans to address outstanding problems
- The team will help Jason with his section as much as possible until Sam returns.
- Sean will inquire about funding from FLRC. Karen will inquire about funding from the CS department if
FLRC is unable to grant request.
- Karen will ask Dick for a copy of the Word template currently in use.
- Hours worked for each team member
- This week:
- Karen Parker: 15
- Brianne Roth: 13.5
- Sean Rielly: 18
- Jason Howell: 20
- Sam Adu: 0
- Total so far:
- Karen Parker: 66
- Brianne Roth: 45
- Sean Rielly: 57.75
- Jason Howell: 82.75
- Sam Adu: 14.75
- Milestones (schedule status)
- Design Specification finished...and a well job!
- WE have entered the development stage.
- Approaching (next week):
- Determine the standard design for the GUI screens.
- User Manual outline due Tues Feb 27.
- Team presentations and reports coming between March 1 and March 8.
- Problems/slips and plans to address:
- No problems or slips to report.