- Week 9
- Feb 28th, 2001 through March 6th, 2001
- Action items
- We will have a WIP and Finished folder under the root folder of our given space.
We are allowed to create lower level folders if we so desire, however, we will
only have access to the one root folder.
- The Admin Screen should also incorporate a drop down box listing the current
active projects. This will be used in case a project gets removed but the file
containing a list of files does not also get updated.
- Dick will have for us by next week (after Spring Break for our schedule) a folder on
on the network for us to use at our disposal for for accurate testing and
- We do not need to worry about how the folders on the network are protected, nor do we
need to be concerned with the user and validation. The user's login for their
system is enough verification for our application.
- The Word template by be created as a two column table with a desired font etc. However,
the file needs to be created as an HTML document. It is suggested that the file
be created in an editor in HTML prior to openning in Word to eliminate the added
XML that Word inserts into HTML documents.
- Packaging of files needs to be addressed especially in the case of machines not
having the required .dll files to run our application.
- Schedule has been modified for next meeting.
- Application should map directly to the lessons text file as a drop down box in the
Resume/Modify Screen to allow the user to see what file they created. This
will allow them to resume their lesson without having to know what they named it.
- When create a new lesson, the new lesson should be appended to the lessons file like
it already does. However, the application should check the directory for actual
instances of the desired lesson name. This is important in case a lesson that has
been previously created has been removed, but the lessons file has not been updated.
This also ties into the Administrator function of being able to modify the lessons
text file as part of Administrator's features.
- Each page of the application should reside at the same screen location as the page
before it. This is to be dynamic to the user. If the user decides to move the
application, they should not have to move every screen to this desired location.
The only exception is for the alert box when the user is naming their lesson.
This can be avoided if the alert box actually has contained in it the name that the
user specified where they will not need to see the previous page for confirmation.
- A text box needs to be added on the Graphics Screen for the file option. The user
should see the path associated with the file that they select using the browse
function. They should also be able to type the file name and path in the text
box as well.
- Outstanding problems
- We are currently behind in the first major phase. I have modified the schedule to
accommodate for this slip. We should still have no problem meeting some of our
longer term goals and milestones.
- Plans to address outstanding problems
- Team, the new revised schedule has been made. Please pay attention to the revisions.
It is necessary for the dates specified as Show and Tell or Inspection for the entire
team to be present for the meeting. Please adjust your calendars as necessary or alert
me to try to make a better plan for scheduling.
- Hours worked for each team member
- This week:
- Karen Parker: 12
- Brianne Roth: 10
- Sean Rielly: 10
- Jason Howell: 12
- Sam Adu: NA
- Total so far:
- Karen Parker: 93
- Brianne Roth: 66
- Sean Rielly: 87.75
- Jason Howell: 106.75
- Sam Adu: 14.75