| Team Members
| Our Client
Week Number 3
- Action Items
- Closed: PRANAV needs to email Prof. Welch with roles, the PRANAV needs to
email Prof. Welch about MS project, PRANAV needs to pick up copies of MS Project
and the book, SAAKAIT/PRANAV need to work on the Preliminary Report, PRANAV
needs to decided on weekly meeting times, KAL needs to make name tags, work
on the logo, TONY needs to start working on making the web-site and email
Prof. Welch the URL to it.
- Residual: KAL needs to schedule meeting time with the client.
- New: ALL the group members need to learn more on SWISH-E by our next weekly
meeting which is on next Tuesday (01/30/2000). SAAKAIT, KAL, and JEFF need
to research on how to convert PDF format file to text for the preview section
of the interface. PRANAV is going to learn how to use MS project and look
at previous year schedule come up with some sort of a schedule plan. SAAKAIT
need to research more on NMI and how to call C++ function in Java.
- Outstanding problems: One of the major problems right now is to interpret
what is implemented in SWISH-E and fast. We need to understand how the code
in SWISH-E is going to help us with our project. Another one is whether to
whether we want to make this tool portable on different system. If we do the
back end of the code is going to be on C++ and front end on Java. The second
alternative is to do all C++ and make just work on Windows.
- Plans to address outstanding problems: All the group members are going to
look at the SWISH-E code and get something out of it at our next weekly meeting.
As for the portability of the program we looking into both directions right
now doing some research, as we are not much familiar with either one. Hopefully
by next meeting this problem will be done deal. The client wants to work it
on Windows, but JEFF argued a good point that as we do not MFC anyways, why
not learn NMI and make it portable. SAAKAIT, KAL, and JEFF are going to looking
into how difficult is doing it both ways.
- Hours worked for:
- Saakait: Worked 7 hr, 8 hr so far.
- Pranav: Worked 7 hr, 8 hr so far.
- Kal: Worked 5 hr, 6 hr so far.
- Tony: Worked 7 hr, 8 hr so far.
- Jeff: Worked 2 hr, 3 hr so far.
- Good amount of hours put in this week. Jeff couldn't work much as he is
- Milestones (schedule status)
- Accomplished: Preliminary Report, Project Web I
- Approaching (next week): Schedule I and Contract I (due Feb 5, 2001)
- Problems/slips and plans to address: none for now!!