| Team Members
| Our Client
Week Number 14
Stellar Software Solution
Author: Pranav Patel
- Action Items
- Closed: All the action items from last week are done (both the Residual and New). Excellent job!!
- Residual: NONE!!
- New: Kal is going to work on get the PDF and DOC filter working properly. Jeff is going to search for
more test cases to test for the finished product. Saakait, Tony and Pranav going to start with the
integration of GUI, search tool and index tool using threads. Tony is also going to finish the remaining
features of GUI by this weekend.
- Outstanding problems: Kal found the PDF and DOC filters, but they do work on some conditions when indexing. The
problem occured when file's path consisted space character in it. Those file where not indexed. Another major
problem we faced is that when we try to search any combination of indices that included either PDF or DOC, we were
not able to do it. The searching works fine when HTML and TXT are selected, but PDF and HTML, PDF and TXT, DOC and
HTML, etc. will give us an assertion error. GUI has some minor problems.
- Plans to address outstanding problems: Kal is going to work around the batch files of PDF and DOC to fix the problem.
Actually at the time of writing this report, Kal has already solved the problem just few hours after our meeting
concluded. Kudos to Kal. As far the second problem goes, we tried to tackle this problem, but it was hard.
Saakait spent hours trying to fix it
without any success. The problem lies with swish-e itself. It is going to be hard to solve this problem, but we are
going to try our best. At the worst, if not able to find a good cure, the program will disable combination of indicies
when either PDF or DOC is clicked. This problems are nothing that, Tony cannot fix.
- Hours worked for:
- Saakait: Worked 22 hr, 184.5 hr so far.
- Pranav: Worked 21 hr, 159.5 hr so far.
- Kal: Worked 23 hr, 154 hr so far.
- Tony: Worked 23 hr, 176 hr so far.
- Jeff: Worked 25 hr, 131.5 hr so far.
- Milestones (schedule status) : Tommorrow, is when we should have finished the GUI, Search Tool and indexing tool. As of
right now I can tell that GUI is done expect the minor bugs and couple of feature. The features left are Drag and Drop,
and highlighting the intial file. Tony assurses me that those will be done by the weekend. Search Tool is done expect
the reported bug. Indexing tool is just needs some finishing touches on it. As of righout now I donot see any speed
bumbs that would hinder us from finishing the project.
- Accomplished: NONE!!
- Approaching (next week): GUI, Search Tool, Index Tool and Integration of all of this three components.!!!
- Problems/slips and plans to address: NONE!!