EntCon is a plugin for EventScripts Python, which is a server-side plugin for Valve's Source Games. It can be used to manipulate entities (NPCs) in ObjectVideo's Virtual Video Tool. It consists of two parts: a Python script that runs on the game server and a C++ class that can be incorporated into a client application.
- Download and install EventScripts Python from http://python.eventscripts.com/
- Consult the EventScripts documentation for installation instructions.
- Put entcon.py into an entcon subdirectory inside the EventScripts directory.
- Load entcon with the "es_load entcon" console command.
- Copy EntCon.h and EntCon.cpp into your application directory.
- Add EntCon.h and EntCon.cpp to your application source.
- Create an instance of the EntCon class.
- Call the constructor and the Connect() function.
- Call the List() function with a properly initialized buffer and entity name (ex: "npc_citizen") to get a list of entities.
- Call the GetPos(), SetPos(), GetAng(), SetAng() and MoveBy() functions using one of the ids from List().
- Note: The entity with id 0 is the player, which can be moved but not oriented.
The latest version of EntCon can be downloaded frome here.