This page describes the technical details in maintaining the CSSA electronic accounts and web pages.
In More Detail:
|Electronic accounts [top]|
CSSA IMAP mail account
- I (Michele) migrated this account over to IMAP and use a handy utility, IMAP Notify, to check the account. IMAP Notify lets you monitor more than one mailbox, so I didn't have to forward the cssa mail to my account. (Note: Netscape will also let you check multiple accounts.)
- When I leave, I'll tell facilites to take my name from the faculty mailing list and replace it with cssa, not your name. This should result in an easier transition for the new president.
- OLD/ -- things from previous administrations (I've renamed some files so that it's a bit more clear what they contain, so disregard modification dates if they say "1999".) If the file doesn't have a .txt suffix, then I don't know what format it is.
- examOrig/ -- original format of past CCEs that were given to me
- exams/ -- contains questions from past CCE, DWE, QUAL, and oral exams
- guides/ -- text versions of the guides that are available on the CSSA web page (These may be redundant to public_html.)
- pictures/ -- holds the src for xfinger and tar.gz files of old pictures of department folks
- private/ -- currently empty
- public/ -- nothing but imap.forward
- public_html/ -- home of all of the CSSA web pages
- recommendations/ -- home of the CSSA recommendations pages
- reference/ -- old reference info
tasks/ -- list of things that have been done by CSSA presidents in the past - hopefully, this document will make that obsolete
|Web pages [top]|
The Web pages are maintained with Netscape Composer. You will be ok if you work within its limitations. Here are some of the special features used for this template.
- HTML style tag is used for the menu links
- Tables are used for highlighting banners
|Maintaining the CSSA department review [top]|
Point out the directory structure and readme file.
|University of North
Carolina at Chapel Hill
Computer Science, Sitterson Hall
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3175 USA