Project assignment

I’m still getting questions about the paper and presentation for your assignment so I’ll write it down here.

Paper length: long enough to get the job done. The guideline is about 7 pages for a single person project, 10 for 2 people, 12 for 3 people.

Paper content: I organize paper’s like this around answering questions. What is it? Who is it for? Why do they need it? What has been done before? How would it work? What issues must be addressed in the implementation? You’ll want to include references to literature supporting your claims. Illustrations are important too. I really like using headings to guide the reader.

Presentation content: Your in-class presentation should include a slide show that explains your proposal and, as far as possible, includes a simulation of its operation. Of course, the simulation will be fake, with sill images, or drawings rather than a working computer program but it should be sufficient to evaluate the activity. Think of it as selling your idea to a development team.