- Fixed a problem that caused some strings to be written to the HTML file with extraneous "invisible" characters.
- Added the option to specify an alternate HTML character encoding. See "Custom HTML" on page 5 of the manual.
- Changed the "Description" column name to "Subject" throughout to be consistent with the terminology in Entourage X.
- Added a checkbox to the Appearance preferences tab to allow one to show/omit the "Subject" column. This allows you to show a time commitment, but to hide the subject.
- Should run under OS X 10.2 or later.
- Should now allow an upload path without a leading '/'.
- Removed two debugging dialog boxes (accidentally left in with previous release).
- Updated to run under OS X 10.3 (Panther) only.
- Added a secure FTP (SFTP) transfer option. See page 7 of the manual.
- Added URL encoding of FTP user and password strings. (Allows for use of special characters such as "@" and "$" in the user and password strings.)
- Changed HTML text color specifications to an apparently more standard form. Text colors should now appear correctly in Safari for example.
- Added capability to select multiple exclude (or not exclude) categories in the Entourage preferences tab.
- Added a simple AppleScript to allow you to launch Events2Web from within Entourage. The script is named so that you can activate it from within Entourage X using Option-Command-E.
- Added a "Quit after transfer" option to the Transfer tab of the Preferences. If enabled, Events2Web will quit after any automatic transfer. See important note below.
- Modified the "Initial delay" field of the Transfer tab of the Preferences to accept a delay of 0 minutes. See important note below.
Using these new features you can (for example) schedule the launch of Events2Web from within Entourage X, and then have Events2Web quit immediately after the upload. In this way Events2Web will only run periodically or when you specify (from within Entourage X) as opposed to remaining open/active all the time.
Note that if you specify an "Initial delay" of 0 minutes and enable the "Quit after transfer" option, there will actually be an initial delay of 5 seconds. During this initial 5 second delay you can press Command-; (semicolon) to open the Preferences window if needed.
- Removed debugging dialog box accidentally left in 2.0.4. Doh!
- Bug fix related to the keychainnow should actually save the password in the keychain.
- Improved internal version checking procedure.
- Bug fix for "Can't make # into a number" error when using Entourage category colors and events with no categories.
- Bug fix related to the keychain.
Note: If you have tried to have Events2Web 2.0-2.0.2 use the OS X keychain for your FTP server password, and have had problems, you should use the OS X "Keychain Access" application to delete the existing keychain entry for your FTP server, and then re-add it using this version of Events2Web. If you have trouble, send me email.
Version 2.0.2 (includes 2.0.1)
- Bux fixes for "The variable eventCategoryColor is not defined" and "The variable weekdayAbbrevList is not defined" errors.
- Added a Help menu item to send me a Problem Report, optionally attaching a copy of your preferences file (usually helpful).
- Added "Appearance" preferences fields to specify the calendar column widths (in pixels only).
- HTML head now includes content-type, content, and charset information (ISO-8859-1).
- HTML now uses Unix style line endings.
- A complete re-write using AppleScript Studio, offering a graphical (Aqua) interface, eliminating the need for users to edit script files, etc.
- The user now has control over more appearance preferences.
- Optional inclusion of raw HTML. Useful to add headers, footers, style sheets, etc.
- FTP uploads can make use of the a user's password keychain.
- There a "Check for Updates...." menu choice, and the ability to automate this check each time the application is started.
- And more....
Version 1.3 (May 9, 2002)
- Added event location to the calendar. Set column width with property "htmlWidthLocation".
- Added an initial calendar row with column titles. Set background color with property "htmlCalendarHeaderColor".
- Added option to indicate free time between events. Preference properties "htmlFreeTimePadding" and "htmlFreeTimeColor" control this behavior. For example if set to 3 and "#00ff00" respectively, Events2Web will insert a 3-pixel green row where there is free time between events. If "htmlFreeTimePadding" is not defined, or set to 0, this feature is disabled.
- Added support for an optional "header" imagean image and optional link that appear at the top of the calendar. (See properties "userImageTopURL" and property "userImageTopLinkURL".)
- User can now set the "uploadIntervalMinutes" property to 0 and Events2Web will export and upload once, then quit.
- Corrected a bug that caused a cryptic error message with some repeating events. (Bug was related to some leftover ACME ScriptWidgets code.)
- Corrected a bug that caused the final occurrence of some repeating events to be skipped.
- The optional image at the bottom of the calendar (property "userImageBottomURL") is no longer resized.
- Fixed bug where E2W complained if you specified 'cp' upload but did not define an "uploadHost" or "uploadUser". (You should not have to!)
Version 1.2 (April 18, 2002)
- Removed the dependency on ACME Script Widgets. So users should not require anything beyond Entourage X and OS X 10.1.
- Users no longer need an AppleScript editor capable of editing large files. (Both Events2Web and Events2WebNow are supplied as applications.)
- Preferences/options are now stored in a small applescript (Events2WebPrefs.scpt), which is kept in each user's preferences folder. This is the only file users need to edit, and it can be edited with the standard Apple Script Editor application. User's of beta versions 1.2b1 or 1.2b2 will need to replace/redo their preferences with the new property names.
- Included a new Entourage X script menu script to insert a message (about the calendar) into the body of a draft email message.
- Now checks "Working Offline" status of Entourage - will not attempt to upload if user has selected "Working Offline" from Entourage's "Entourage" menu.
- The temporary folder is now determined automatically (no longer a preference).
Version 1.1 (March 14, 2002)
- Have been using for some time - seems quite stable.
- Added a column with the frequency of repetition for recurring events.
- One-time events with the same name as a recurring event will now over-ride the recurring event.
- Made a simple additional script called "Events2WebNow" to immediately export and upload events.
- Changed the name to Events2Web (E2W)
- Now must be saved as an application (with "stay open" and without "startup screen").
- The reason: E2W now handles the scheduling of updates (big change). One of the properties you set is the minutes between updates. So, you can add it to your login items (for example), and/or put it in your dock.
- Better ftp handling: you CAN hard code your ftp password (not recommended), or E2W will prompt you for it each time you start it. So if it is in your login items, it will ask you once and then be fine (in most cases) until you log in again. (I still don't understand how to make the keychain work in OS X with URL Scripting. It worked for me in OS 9.)
- Have begun work to move preferences out of the script/application. Some day (I hope) one will not have to edit the script to customize its behavior.
Last updated Mon, Oct 8, 2007