Our BigWords project needs Sets which are lists of Games and SetOrders which sequence the Sets. Json References seem perfect for this but the examples I could find online did not conform to my experience with the way it actually works.
Posts with tag: programming
They dropped spidermonkey from Ubuntu with the Lucid release. This broke my jslint script.
I want 10 year old game programmers working on games for kids with disabilities (and themselves). Given some tools, kids could write simple games that kids who have NO GAMES would enjoy. And maybe get drawn to CS at the same time.
I looked high and low and couldn't find a working example of connecting a dojox.grid.DataGrid to a dojox.data.JsonRestStore so I puzzled out parts of it myself. This code probably has errors and omissions but it seems to work for me with dojo 1.4.1.
I would appreciate any corrections or pointers to other examples from those of you who know better. I haven't included any error checking and the references to items by key break down after deletions because of the simple minded implementation of the "database".
The iPhone and iPod Touch are very interesting platforms for enabling technology. Touch, accelerometers, portability, radio, coolness; they've got it all.
I haven't used CVtypes recently so it hasn't gotten any of my (very limited) attention. I see that Minh-Tri Pham has forked a version that he is maintaining over at Google Code. I recommend folks use and support his version. Next time I need it, I'll probably adopt his.
I got a report that
Tar Heel Reader
wasn't speaking on some newer computers. Thankfully it also didn't work on my Vista VM. I painfully tracked down the problem to the
header I had added to make debugging easier. After figuring out the problem I found this
Adobe info describing the change
I needed to get pyibmtts working for the new Tar Heel Reader installation over at ibiblio.org. I couldn't install ibmtts in the usual /opt place over there because I don't have root access (and only I'm authorized to use it anyway). To make it work, I installed ibmtts in $HOME/opt and $HOME/var. And I hacked the paths in $HOME/var/IBM/ibmtts/cfg/eci.ini to point to the libraries. I modified Pete's setup.py for pyibmtts to add $HOME to the search paths and one tricky bit. To help it find the shared libraries that are part of ibmtts I set the LD_RUN_PATH environment variable to point to the ibmtts lib folder. I understand from this page that setting this environment variable at compile time causes the search path to be encoded into the shared library.
Atool is an extension to our previous CamKeys project. Like CamKeys, atool allows keyboard input based on a cheap webcam. Atool adds DDR pads (or other game controller buttons) as an additional input and it allows playing recorded sounds on input events. My teacher friends in the Progress Education Program over at Asheville wanted to experiment with alternative computer interfaces in their classrooms for kids with multiple disabilities. I demonstrated MusicPad (a simple DDR pad driven sound player) and CamKeys to them. They were excited by the possibilities but daunted by editing files to control it all and depending on keyboard focus to get events to the right places.
So I hacked on CamKeys to add a GUI for configuring all sorts of events. I'll include a few screen shots below. Now the teachers are recording their own speech and music sounds and hooking them to events on the DDR pad or camera.
The CamKeys roots of this project were funded by the Mozilla foundation.
The source is in CVS at sourceforge uncassist .
« Previous Page -- Next Page »