I'm writing this down because I don't see complete working (for me at least) directions anywhere else.
- Install xcode from the Mac OS X install CD
- MacPorts (everyone calls it DarwinPorts)
- Get and unpack the opencv source tarball
- cd opencv; mkdir build; cd build
- ../configure CPPFLAGS="-I/opt/local/include" LDFLAGS="-L/opt/local/lib" --without-python
- sudo make install
I also needed the macam webcam driver to use my Logitech webcam. I believe the notebooks have a camera built in so you should be good to go on one of those.
I'm getting tons of error messages like these as my app is running and I'm only getting about 5 frames per second. What's up with that?
2008-02-14 09:00:23.983 Python[85901:6d37] *** Break on _NSLockError() to debug. 2008-02-14 09:00:24.179 Python[85901:880f] *** -[NSLock unlock]: lock (<NSLock: 0xdf28f0> '(null)') unlocked from thread which did not lock it
Also, I note that video doesn't start until I move the mouse. Are these macam bugs?