Modified version of Sourdough Raisin Walnut Bread
- 2 cups proofed sourdough starter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups white bread flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup walnuts
- Measure the honey, milk, and butter into the same 1-cup measure. Heat in the microwave for 30 seconds to melt the butter.
- Combine these liquid ingredients with the starter, salt, and flours in the mixer bowl.
- Mix on speed 1 for a minute or two until it forms a ball, then for 4 more minutes on speed 2.
- Stop the mixer, add the raisins and walnuts, and mix again for 5 minutes or until they are well incorporated.
- Remove from the bowl, spray the bowl with PAM and return the ball to the bowl. Cover with waxed paper and allow to rise for several hours or over night.
- Punch down and shape the ball and place on baking sheet sprayed with PAM. Allow to rise 3 hours or more.
- Bake in 325 convection oven for 32 minutes.
The original was too sticky with only 1 cup of WW flour and I hate what cornmeal does to the bottom of the loaf.